Alwen Cottage – 4 Berth
Named after Afon Alwen (River Alwen) which links Llyn (Lake) Alwen to the Cronfa Alwyn (Alwen Reservoir) near Pentre-Llyn-Cymmer. The reservoir is 5km long built between 1909 and 1920 with the 27m high Alwen dam at the downstream end. It was built between 1909 and 1921, originally to supply water to the town of Birkenhead, near Liverpool in England. Today it is part of the River Dee regulation system and is operated by Welsh Water. Footpaths around the reservoir were upgraded in 2005 and 2006, providing better access to the general public and allowing greater exploration of the North and South Alwen forests.
This Cottage is head of the four cottages. With an upside down set up, the lounge and kitchen looking out from the first floor with views out over the Irish sea and across to Llandudno’s Great Orme. Enjoy spectacular sunsets and wake up to the calm or tempest of the sea. This is a special place to enjoy North Wales from or relax and watch the tide roll in and out.